Make It Better
Start with the man in the mirror. Better yet, start with the man in the photo. Put your camera on a tripod and take a photo of yourself standing stark naked in natural light. Take a photo of yourself from every angle, as if you’re entering a dieting contest. Then take a long, hard look at these photos. This is who you are in the physical form. Take note of the parts of your body that you like and feel gratitude for those things. Take note of the parts of your body that you don’t like.
Here’s what you can’t change: your height, penis size, and skin color. Make peace with that.
Here’s what you can change: your fitness, hair, teeth, skin quality, skin tone, facial features, ears, eye color, nails, body hair, smell, posture, and probably even more than that.
Now make a change.
If any man seeks for greatness, let him forget greatness and ask for truth, and he will find both.
Don’t want to change? Fine. But DON’T DO this:
- Stay in denial. Otherwise there will be a disconnect with how you see yourself and how the world sees you, and that leads to disappointment.
- Make excuses. Not taking responsibility will undermine your self-esteem.
- Blame others, like your parents, your genes, or God. Blaming others disempowers you.
- Wallow in self-hatred or self-pity. These states of mind are incompatible with happiness and success.
Truth is better for humanity than ignorance, lies, or spin. And it’s more interesting.
Now do the same exercise for your inner body/soul/spirit/mind. Here’s what you can’t change: your personality, intelligence, aptitude, family, and past.
Here’s what you can change: your attitude, behavior, habits, choices, reaction to things, relationships with others, relationship with yourself, health, education, knowledge, career, and beliefs.
Make yourself better and your life will get better. Be a man of worth and you will attract worthy people into your life. Share meaningful moments with those people, and you will look back one day, when you’re old and grey, and know that you lived a great life.
Now make a change.
The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.
Things Women Want From Men
1. Slow down and take your time during sex.
2. Use baby wipes after doing number two.
3. Don’t be cheap, at least not in front of me.
4. Know how to kill someone with your bare hands, but be gentle with me.
5. Never give up on your six-pack
6. Sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door.
7. Fuck me like Don Draper fucks a mistress.
8. Do whatever you can to not go bald.
9. Wear the pants.
10. Marry me. Give me babies, a beautiful house, and whatever I need to stay hot. And pay for all of it.
Suppose the pay gap between men and women were magically eliminated. If that happened, simple arithmetic suggests that half of women would be unable to find what they regard as a suitable mate.